Thursday, September 11, 2008

Whirlwind

I have started my whirlwind of activities again at work. I am so charged and to be honest I think I am bouncing off walls and acting like speedy gonzalez. At least it feels like that. This week once again I am at Paris Landing State Park for a conference. So that is what this post is mainly concerned about.

So that I have stayed in many different hotels for this job and to be honest state park inns do not rank really high. It is a lovely park and right on the water. They have a beautiful rose garden that is right next to the pool. However room wise I think some funding should be sent their way. A lot of it has to do with being spoiled. I don't mean to sound like I am complaining. I have a king size bed, cable tv, a nice view of the lake and pool and the people are very nice. But, I have no cell phone service. The hotel and the conference center are dead zones. You actually have to walk up a small hill to get service. There is no internet in the rooms. The only place that has internet access is the Lobby and the conference rooms. I am here in the lobby, which has very nice couches and box chairs to sit in. They also have a large screen tv, which to my regret is playing the presidential forum on Fox News. Tangent: Isn't that considered an oxymoron - it contradicts each other - Fox and News. Anyway, I would rather be watching something full of fluff - something where brain cells can take a vacation.

We just finished having a fish fry out at a large pavilion right on the lake. I had a good attendance, around 90 people showed. We had fried catfish, which at a state park seems to be mandatory, clam strips, white beans, coleslaw, potato salad and more importantly cherry & peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I could have done without the mosquitoes but I guess they have to eat too.

Tomorrow is our last day of conference and hopefully there will be no more snags. Every conference seems to have it's own little issue. When I was in Gatlinburg in June it was not having A/C, this conference has been a speaker canceling 2 hours before she was supposed to speak and some things that I asked to be done and weren't. But in the scheme of things All is good.

Well, that is my boring conference life so far or at the very least all I can remember right now. I'm tired so I can't be held accountable for my memory.

Next week Memphis..... Ooooooooooo

No comments: