Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Conference Happenings

I have to say conferences are hard when it comes to the socialization part. First I'm not the greatest person when it comes to conversation. Especially if I don't know you very well. I'm good if I have known you for awhile but I just get very self conscious and nervous around new people. Second I don't drink. It's a personal choice and kind of a long story. Third I don't know much about football, college or professional or apparently all things that are hip, cool or trendy.

So with those 3 things I'm a social misfit when it comes to conferences and the hospitality suite. I also don't fit in very well with my co-workers because they all are into football, all things trendy and all things alcoholic. Basically I feel like an Amish girl that just got dropped off at a fraternity/sorority during rush week.

Conferences are one of my biggest tests as a Christian. I'm a social non-alcoholic non-trendy outcast. But I'm saved. So I'm good.

No comments: