Friday, September 19, 2008

Final Conference Happenings

Wednesday Recap:

After the uncomfortable luncheon speech we went out for a night out on the town. We met in the lobby of The Peabody. This hotel is so nice and has so much history that I could go on and on. But I won't - if your interested go to http://www.peabodymemphis.com/about_us/history.cfm

Anyway, we met in the lobby and then went out to eat at Rendezvous - a Memphis historic restaurant. Another place that has a lot of history. http://www.hogsfly.com/TheRestaurant.php or http://www.slate.com/id/2118542/entry/2118541/ I wasn't thrilled with the ribs or the food but you mileage may vary.

Then it was on to Friday's for dessert and some interesting conversation. ... It's amazing what you learn about people once they've had a couple of beers and their tongues become loose.

Then of course it was snooze time.

Thursday Recap:

More conference. Part of the conference are social events that the judges can sign up for. They could go off on their own, go golfing or to the Memphis Zoo. A staff member had to go to the zoo with them to get the tickets, lunch and make sure they get on the bus. (Cause you know we can't have judges running around all willy nilly). I got assigned to the zoo because I didn't want to lose 4 hours of pay because they got the afternoon off. So to the zoo I went.

After the zoo we went up to the hospitality suite to drop off some extra lunches and I finally got to see Elvis. Two of them to be exact. They were on their way to Graceland for the tour.

For dinner we went to Denny's. I love their clam chowder and we don't have a Denny's in Nashville. Did they have clam chowder? Of course not.

After that I was so worn out I went back to my room, called my family and then crashed.

Friday Recap:

Last day of conference. (Yeah!) If I had to stay another day I think I would have totally lost my mind. A week away from home after 3 days away from home at another conference was quite enough for me. Last day was uneventful, drive back was uneventful. Just the way I like to end a conference. Coming home and seeing my family, my cats and my wonderful comfy bed. I love my bed. I really think I could write poems about my wonderful, soft comfy bed.

Well that was my week in Memphis. Pics coming soon. As soon as I go to bed and then sleep late.

No comments: