Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4 Years & Counting

Well it has been 4 years since we moved to TN. I moved here even when I had never been here. Crazy. My friend Diana said "It is so nice up here", "The people are so nice up here", "It hardly ever snows up here". Ok so she was right. Of course she never mentioned the freezing cold - but anyway... Moving from South Florida was a hard decision. I had lived there for over 20 years and it was all that my son knew. I was working in a great job as the assistant to a director at Humana and had seniority, good money and good benefits. Still I wasn't happy. I had no family -well that would talk to me anyway. I lived in a nice apartment that I liked but the neighborhood worried me, especially with my son growing older. I didn't want him to be surrounded by the gangs and all of the negative things that were and are going on in S. FL. I was unhappy but really didn't have the money or the courage to do anything about it.

Humana was going through layoffs and I was told by my boss that it wouldn't effect me. An idea popped in my head and for the first time since I had become a Christian I gave it all over to God. I did some research about Middle TN and I prayed. The day before I had to make a decision I was praying in the car at a stop light when a song by Ginny Owens came on - "If you want me to." In the song it says "I will go through the valley if you want me to." I had read the night before that Middle TN was in a valley. I felt a calmness and I knew what I had to do.

I went to my boss and asked to be laid off. From then and until we moved it all flowed and came together and everything that needed to happen happened. It truly was amazing. So here I am 4 years later where God wanted me to be. I love it here. The people, the scenery, the history, my friends, my job.

So it has been 4 years. Not all good but not all bad. It's just home.

No comments: