Saturday, June 30, 2007

Decisions

I am in the midst of trying to re-decide whether or not to take a new position at the place where I work. I decided to take it and all seemed well although I had kind of a funny feeling that I might have made a mistake. Now I am being offered more money to stay at my old job and not start my new job on Monday. I have prayed and I fasted. Still I am no closer to knowing what I should do than I was before. Both have good opportunities and I would be good at both. Each position people tell me how wonderful and good at it I am or will be. Truthfully I have been sucking up all the praise but now it comes down to what should I do.

For the first time I can actually say that the additional money is nice that it is not what is confusing me. I am at a place in my life where I so want to do what God wants. I want to honor God in what I choose and what I do. I want to be in his service and am not sure which job would be the best for that. I know I ended up at the place where I work because God placed me there. There is not doubt about that at all. But now what? I have to decide by Monday morning. I so don't want to make the wrong choice - I know that wrong choices or choices that you are not supposed to make have consequences that I so don't want to go through. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. And I wanted to be an adult why???

No comments: