Saturday, July 21, 2007

Drama

What do you do with a person who is so into the drama in their lives that they don't even see it? What do you do with a person that is so into self destruction? What do you do with that person that you love?

I have tried everything that I can think of too help. I have teased, cried, yelled, laughed, prayed, etc... Nothing changes. These people are liars and tell me to my face that they will change that they don't like their life, that they will take control and stop doing whatever they are doing. A dawning of realization has hit me - they are more in control than I thought they were. They want it this way. They want the attention, they want the drama. They will go so far as to kill themselves inwardly just to get the drama and attention.

Life is more like a soap opera than one might think. I know people that live lives like they were in a soap opera. These people would rather have pain, suffering in their lives than to have a quiet stress free existence. Why? Why would one choose to be like that, to have a life like that. In their quest, don't they realize what they are doing to themselves and the people around them. I find in my life that these drama kings and queens are selfish and though they pretend to care about others they really don't. So why do we care about them? Why do I feel the need to save them from themselves and the drama? Why do I care when they don't? Why do I always feel like I want to smack them upside the head like that V8 commercial?

By being angry and frustrated I know I am adding fuel to the drama. Yet I can't help but be angry and helpless at the people I love who are such pains! It just so frustrates me to think sometimes that they are beyond help. I know they are not - I know that they are only beyond MY help. So I hope. I pray. I cry. Nothing is beyond His reach or His understanding. All things are possible. So I hope. I pray and I cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy your words are like you picked them out of MY HEART .,, I too know people like that and they may be some of the same people ... I pray, I cry, and most of all I HOPE... I know HE is in control if WE let him ...