Friday, June 6, 2008

TN State Museum

I walked over this afternoon during my lunch hour and experienced part of the TN State Museum. Which is free by the way. It is in the TPAC building which is right across from where I work. Right now they have an exhibit going on about impressionist painters. One of the major artist being shown is Renoir. It is only going to be there until Sunday, June 8.

I only had about a half hour to walk through the section. It was not enough time for me to really look at each painting/sketch, but I did view all of them.

I'm going to have to go back tomorrow to get a good look and to take my time. I like to take my time and look at each one and get close and see the brush strokes and really look at all of the details. I might even bring my husband and kid - they need some culture anyway.

1 comment:

Ineke said...

Good idea. I might go out tomorrow and do something intelligent and cultural with my girl too.
Greetings from the other side of the big pond.