Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On Vacation

My boy is on his way to Florida to visit with the in-laws for a week. He is flying into Ft. Lauderdale and will return next Wednesday. I am hoping that he has a great time, even though I will miss him very much. This is his first time away for more than a couple of days. And I am stressing. Not only will he be gone for a week, but he is flying for the first time, will be in another state, etc...

I think I am actually handling it well and in front of him I have been very controlled. I didn't want him to remember me panicking or crying and I know that I have to let go and let him grow. I mean he is 14 and I think I have done a pretty good job in raising him thus far. Of course all of those outside influences, but I know I can't make all of the decisions.

The goal is to raise them and then let them go so they can continue the cycle, right?

No comments: