Friday, June 13, 2008

Conference Day 4

The last day is probably the best day - because you know there is an end in sight.

Thankfully all of the problems had been taken care of previously so the day went smoothly. We had out 2 sessions in the morning, air working, handouts ready, people happy that it would soon be over (that includes staff and attendees).

It got over at 11:00 am and by the time we packed up everything I left the hotel around noon. I drove into Pigeon Forge and stopped at Denny's.

Ok, let's talk about Denny's for a moment. Denny's. Denny's. Denny's. I miss that restaurant. In Florida you can find one almost on every corner. In all of TN there are only 2. 1 in Pigeon Forge and 1 in Memphis. Me I live no where near either one. It's a tragedy really. I love their clam chowder which used to be only served on Friday's. I was there on a Thursday and was hoping that maybe I could get some. I looked at the menu and they have actually moved Clam Chowder to Wednesdays through Friday. Hope high I asked and wouldn't you know they were out and waiting on the truck to bring some. Ok, I did not let the depression set in - I moved on and ordered the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. They have improved it. It used to be on a hamburger bun but now it is on ciabatta bread and was so unbelievably YUMMY!

After lunch I drove home in my nice little state car that I really thought about keeping. It was a nice drive back with a kickin stereo and me doing 80. It was a very nice way to end a conference that will probably end up being the one that I talk about as being the low point. The good thing though is that everything that I did was good and everything that went bad was way out of my control. I can live with that quite comfortably!!!

I have to say though I am glad that it is over and I don't have to start worrying about another conference for a couple of weeks. I can wind down from this one and get all of the paper work and do all the final things that need to be done before I have to start thinking about the September and October conferences. And with that I heave a deep sigh and say Woo Hoo!!!

No comments: