Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pass the Cake


One of my favorite Christmas cartoons is Frosty the Snowman. Every time he comes to life he says Happy Birthday. It reminds me each time I hear it about how joyful it is to be re-born.

I was re-born 9 years ago today. I was totally broken. I had hit my bottom. I got on my knees beside my bed and cried uncontrollably. I spoke out loud and confessed my sins and said that I could not live this life or go on without help. I finally asked the Lord to forgive me. It still amazes how instantly I felt better. I had a calmness that I had never felt before.

It has not been an easy 9 years. Not at all. But, my faith has kept me out and through difficult situations. I have made my share (and more) of mistakes and have stumbled in my walk. Yet, there have been times in the last 9 years where I have felt such an overwhelming presence, so close to me, that my heart and soul could only be described as overflowing. I know more and am more a child of God than I was in the beginning. I’m not quite the baby in Christ I was, but I am not fully the woman that I think I should be. I know God is working on me and the journey at the very least will be interesting.


So I am proud to say that I am 9 years old today and I have received the best present that anyone could ever want or need. So pass the cake.

No comments: