Friday, October 19, 2007

Give me the dream


I had the most interesting dream, well I'm not positive it was a dream, but that is what I will call it for now.


It started with me waking up with a very unusual feeling. I felt like something had woken me up. As I laid there I felt an overwhelming feeling that Jesus was with me. I felt so close to Jesus, he was with me and it was such an overwhelming presence, it filled my every pore. I also felt like the second coming was coming, coming at any moment. With the feeling that Jesus was with me I also had a sense of fear. I laid there waiting for the trumpets, waiting and thinking about seeing the face of Jesus. I was on edge waiting for it to happen. But I had that sense of fear. That sense that it was going to happen and I was going to miss it. But the fear was more than that. It was a fear of God. I'm not sure how to explain that. I know everyone has had a time when they have had fear or have been scared. This was more than that and so different but yet it was fear. A fear of being that close, a fear of losing that closeness. But, even though I had fear I also had such peace.


It's hard to explain feelings to someone unless they can identify with them, because they have felt the same thing. They can sympathize but not empathize. It is hard for me to find the words to explain what I was feeling. It felt so real, more real than any dream I have ever had. That is what makes me think I was awake and it wasn't a dream. I remember rolling over and thinking about the trumpets. Then I think I went to sleep. The peace and the sensation has stayed with me all day.

No comments: