Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thoughts

Do you have that certain someone that you tell everything to? Is there someone that you know that knows everything about you? Every deep secret, every thought?

I have people that know me very well. They can look at me and know I am upset, they can tell in my voice what might be going on. But, no they don't know me inside out. No one person knows all of me down to the bottom of my heart and certainly no one person knows all of my secrets. To go further I would say that no-one truly knows everyone inside and out. It might seem like that but I would say that no, not really. The reason I think that is because no-one can truly know all your heart and mind. Every thought, every feeling, every secret, every little bit of you, every minute of every day. And if you are honest with yourself you will agree with me.

Last night I was laying in bed, trying to go to sleep and I started to pray and talk with God and I realized that He knows me. Every part of me. Every thought. When I get annoyed by someone on the bus but don't say anything or act differently, He knows. When I get angry at something stupid and never mention it to anyone, He knows. He knows me when I am sad and what is bothering me before I even tell anyone and He knows even before I might realize what it is. Through the pretenses, throughout the day, He knows. There is not one part of me that I can hide.

And even though He knows, I can still go to Him and tell Him. No repercussions, no judgement, no attitude, nothing fake. He knows and still He listens. I can tell Him I am sad, worried, mad or whatever. That type of closeness and comfort can only come from being with Him. That relief of knowing that I can be myself, vent, cry and let it all out with out hurting someones feelings or burdening someone else. I don't have to explain, I can just let it out, everything. He knows.

And STILL HE loves me.

Psalm 44:21 (New International Version)
would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Luke 12:6-7 (New International Version)
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments: