Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hints

Ok, I can be stubborn and disagreeable (at times). I admit it. But wham did you have to slap me upside the head?

I had a stressful day yesterday, I am once again in fear of being laid off. I am not happy with my bosses who seem to be loving the fear and apprehension that they are creating with all of there budget questions. Not to mention lots of other things. If my hair is not turning gray then it is falling out. :-)

Anyway, I was VERY upset last night. I went to bed and had a dream of me in armor kneeling before someone on some steps (that's all I remember). I woke up right after that with a definite thought of "Put on the armor of God".

Now, in the past I have had other moments when I KNOW God spoke to me. Whether through a song or an event or something else. This definitely had that feel. So, when I got up, I went to my bible and looked in the concordance for armor. It gave me Ephesians 6:10-18 and Romans 13:12. I went to Romans 13 first and started to read from the beginning because I like context and lo and behold - there was the first slap.

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Ok, I got that hint. So I went on to Ephesians. And there was the other slap.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I can almost hear the "Hint Hint Hint" echoing in my head. :-)

No comments: