Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year Resolutions

It’s resolution time and like many others I too have gone over a list (and checked it twice). I’ve given it some thought and have come up with the following New Year Resolutions. Hopefully these will fare better than previous resolutions.

1. To lose weight. (I know I say this every year) This year I am including the obligatory eating better and exercising more. I figure if I give it more detail I can accomplish it better.

2. To not be so emotional. This past year I have had a tendency to let things build up until I explode either with anger or with tears. So, I plan on using restraint and prayer and the old stand by of blowing up when no one is around.

3. To improve myself not only physically but mentally as well. I plan on reading more, learning more, and broadening my horizons.

4. To explore more. Not just my local surroundings but other places as well. Either through the internet, books or even visiting other places. There is more to life than my backyard.

5. To be more outgoing, social. I have a tendency to be very shy around new people. My plan is to go against my initial instincts of hiding and to be more open.

6. To complete a crochet/knit project a month. Yes that is one a month. This will help my procrastination.

7. To not let things stand in my way. I also have a tendency to let things go without a fight or with out an argument until it builds up. This will help the anger, I think. If I confront the situation or whatever when it occurs and to not let it stop me in what I want to do. I guess to be braver.

8. To be better with correspondence. I think about calling people or sending notes and because I don’t do it right away I tend to forget. So I plan to be better at that.

9. I plan not to be so worried about the future. By making better choices in the present I can achieve this. Not to be controlled or anxious about things that I can not control. I can not change the past and I can not control the future – I choose to trust. Philippians 4:19 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Matthew 6:34 – “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”

10. To take more photographs. To stop and take that picture no matter where I am or what I am doing. Go with the first instinct. To try and get a picture published.

What are your resolutions for the new year?

No comments: