Monday, November 5, 2007

My Fault, Your Fault or a TN Fault Lines

Awhile ago I found an interesting website that shows where recent seismic activity has occurred. In addition to where a seismic activity has occurred, the site also shows where fault lines are located. A fault is a line of fracture in the rocks where the two sides move by each other, where the rocks have broken. The rocks on one side of the fault have moved passed the rocks on the other side . So, when a sudden movement or a release of energy occurs an earthquake can happen because these faults move.

You probably know where I am going with this. People are like fault lines. Sometimes, when something is broken or is rubbed the wrong way we have our own fault lines. Whether or not they are small and do minor damage or they are big and create disasters depends on the person and the situation. Like earthquakes they can build up and then BOOM all you can do is get to the nearest safe place and hunker down until it is over and pray that there wasn't to much damage.

Yesterday, my fault line exploded into a massive earthquake that could only be described as an 8.0 on the Richter Scale. This means that it "can cause serious damage in areas several hundred miles across." Which in layman's terms means that it equaled 1 gigaton of TNT going off.

I totally lost it. Like most seismic activity it was something that had been building up and instead of trying to find away to release the pressure that was building, I ignored the signs and went on with my life. Bad, bad idea. I can smile now even though I really shouldn't. By going off on my own personal earthquake I acted so unchristian and totally monstrous that it's going to take a long time to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess. Looking back I don't think I remember a time when I was totally as ugly as I was yesterday. My insides must have been totally black and tar like. By spewing all of that toxic waste out of my system I spread the goo to my family and covered them totally. It was one of those things that can't just be covered over and forgotten, it was one of those things that only a good cleansing could take care of.

A total cleansing like only Jesus can give me. By crying out to Jesus for help and by reaching out and accepting his hand I can receive forgiveness. By accepting his outstretched arms I can receive comfort even though I do not deserve it. Only by his love and forgiveness can I go to my family and ask for forgiveness and be able to move forward with the hope and knowledge that I can prevent more pressure from building and exploding. Only with his love can I say that it was totally my fault and ask for help in handling the next build up of bad energy so that any pressure will be released and not cause any more destruction. Only God, Only Jesus. As in Third Day's song "... there is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing. He'll meet you wherever you are, Cry out to Jesus, Cry Out to Jesus."

1 comment:

Diana said...

I am proud of you. It takes a lot to admit and take accountabilty for stuff.

I lose it, and lose it often. I think the worst thing for me is that I sit back and think about how thankful I am the God doesn't lose it with me all that often. He deals with me often, he just doesn't lose it up one side and down the other like I have been known to do.

You and me, we are a work in progress.
I love you girl