Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11


Michael and I talked with Patrick yesterday about 9/11 and how there is still so much fear regarding this day and how some of his classmates are thinking about this day with fear. The only thing that came to me were words that were not my own. So, the only thing that I could do was to borrow.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety... But the eyes of the wicked will fail, and escape will elude them; their hope will become a dying gasp." (Job 11: 18, 20)

But beyond not trying to have fear is to have hope...

"Replace the numbers 9/11 with the message of hope of 3:16" (Max Lucado http://www.maxlucado.com/)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:16-17)

1 comment:

Diana said...

I think in some ways most people are posting on this event. It is hard to believe that 6 years have passed and yet the fear is still there, but the better news is that God has always been there. Watching, waiting, maybe even hoping that some people would finally reach out and grab hold and pulled into the arms of our One and only God.

Love Di