Saturday, April 21, 2007

More

I am sitting in my room looking out the window & seeing what looks like is going to be a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the birds are singing. It is not hot and the temperature will probably not get above 75. What could be considered a perfect day.

When I turn my eyes back to the room I see laundry, dust and stuff on the floor. This makes me think of other things that need to be done. Dishes, floors, more laundry, dusting, vacuuming, errands and other things. I also have work from my job that needs to get done this weekend because we have a big deadline this week and I am going to be traveling over the next month to 4 different locations in TN - of course none of which are close to each other. I heave a heavy sigh and think I am exhausted already and I haven't even made it out of my PJs.

But the birds are calling and the sun looks so inviting. How can a world that has such wonderful sights, sounds and smells be so cumbersome sometimes. Being an adult is so boring and troublesome and let's face it - sometimes it just plain STINKS. I remember Saturday mornings full of cartoons, playing outside with friends, riding bikes, pretending to be super heroes, playing tag, hopscotch, getting dirty, laying in the grass and staring up at the sky and just laughing. I remember being carefree and my heart being light and dreams of flying. But I have responsibilities and they are waiting.

The radio starts to play "Thank you Lord, How could I ask for more." Exactly! I am thankful for the laundry and the dust and all of the other chores that I have to do today. It means that I am alive and I can enjoy the other things as well. It means I have a family and am not alone, it means I have a place to live and am not on the street.

BUT - I think it also means that I am going to play while I can too. I'm thinking what I need is a walk and a good laugh. Which means the chores can wait a little while. I am going to enjoy what the Lord has given me and not ask for more. Thank You Lord!

No comments: