Monday, February 21, 2011

Dessert Time

Most of the recipes in my box are desserts.  There is something about making a dessert and sharing it with other people that gives me such joy.  Today I am making a Snickerdoodle Cake.  It is not a recipe that I printed off, but from a book that I received at Christmas from my son Patrick.  I have been wanting to make this cake for awhile and never seemed to have the time or ingredients to make it.  But on this 3 day weekend - I am up for the challenge. 

Snickerdoodles are on of my favorite cookies and bring back such great memories of my mom in the kitchen.  I loved helping her with them.  Rolling the balls into the cinnamon & sugar mixture and then placing them on the baking sheet.  They would come out a perfect circle and absolutely yummy!  That is behind my thoughts that this cake can not possibly be bad. 

I've made the cakes and am waiting on them to cool.  Then it is on to the frosting.  As soon as I get some feedback on the taste I will post again and let you know all of the ins and outs of this "can't be not yummy" cake.

No comments: