Saturday, May 3, 2008

No, Really It's Good

My mom was not good with teaching me how to cook. I don't think she had the patience. I learned a lot of things just by watching her. One of my favorite recipes that she used to make was spaghetti and eggs. I loved it so much that I make it for Patrick and he likes it a lot too. I am sure that he will make it for his children. Just one of those things that you pass on without thinking about it.

Anyway, I know what you must be thinking because I have heard it before from people that I have told about the recipe. But really it is quite yummy. There is no sauce, you just use leftover spaghetti (without sauce) and toss a few eggs on top. How much spaghetti and eggs you use to make it is up to you. Here is the recipe, this is for 2 servings. Please try it and let me know what you think.

Assemble all ingredients and utensils in advance.

4 cups of cooked spaghetti (I use thin spaghetti)
2 eggs per person
Milk
salt and pepper to taste

1. Toss cold spaghetti into frying pan - heat on medium.

2. While the spaghetti is warming up, crack eggs in bowl and whisk in some milk. Just like you were making scrambled eggs.

3. When spaghetti starts to crackle add egg mixture.

4. Use a spatula and move the ingredients around until the eggs are cooked through (I like dry scrambled) and the spaghetti no longer looks wet.

5. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.

Then Enjoy!

1 comment:

George Romano said...

It's interesting that when I was in 7th grade, I had to make this as part of a HomeEc assignment. I remember hating to make it.

Surprisingly (well, I was a kid) it tasted pretty good. In hindsight, I probably just didn't like the fact that I HAD to cook for my teacher.

It's good to share those family moments and pass them along :)