Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Over

Well, it's over. No longer will we have to listen to tv or radio ads. Those signs along side the road will be gone soon too. Was it worth all the hype? All the debate, all the controversy? No, not really. I am disappointed. If the elections were like slot machines I don't think we came off as winners. We are taking a gamble and only time will tell if it pays off.

I am kind of hoping for one of those "Pleasantly Surprised" moments. I want to think optimistically. But I am concerned. I wasn't entirely pleased with either candidate, but I agreed more with what McCain was saying than what Obama was saying. One issue is on abortion and there are several others. But that is all mute right now.

We have a new president. A man that comes off as a great speaker, down to earth and as someone that tries to understand the average person. I have to admit that even though I voted for McCain, I did seriously think about voting for Obama. In the debates and his speeches I was a impressed with him. He's got that something that kind of catches your attention. If not for some of our differences of opinions on some big matters I would have voted for him.

So, we have a new president. One that I hope puts people first above politics and does what is morally right, not what is "party" right. But again we will have to see. Americans voted and they voted for change. That saying "Beware what you wish for" comes to mind. Of course I take the stand that the hand of God is in everything - so I do have hope. This is part of "The Plan". What part I may never know, but I have faith in "The Plan". (side note - I'm not always happy with that plan though - just thought I'd share that little tidbit).

Anyway, many hopes are on the shoulder of this man. After the revelry, after the congratulations, I hope when he is alone he realizes this. I know he takes this seriously. I know he thinks he understands. Oh, but Lord I pray that he really gets it.

Dear reader, I urge you to pray every day for our country and our new president.

No comments: