Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Look Out World

Enter more gray hair.

Patrick is now registered for high school. We met with his counselor this morning and he is registered and has picked his classes.

Honors English I
Algebra I
Physical Science
World History
Lifetime Wellness (PE/Health)

For his elective he wants to get Culinary Arts. This class is really great. They learn all sorts of things that includes the basics of a working professional kitchen/food industry and have a hands on lab in a commercial kitchen. He may not get it though. Upperclassmen have first crack at it before incoming freshmen. So we will have to wait until August to find out about which elective he gets.

His second choice for an elective if he doesn't get Culinary Arts is Piano. Why he chose Piano is beyond me but it was his choice. He has been playing the clarinet for the last 3 years, but if he took Band then he would have to be in the marching band and would have to go to band camp in the summer and he didn't want to do either. I wanted him to stick with it, but between the marching band that he was adamant that he didn't want to do and the things I have heard about the band teacher I'm ok with him not taking band. But piano really threw me. I don't understand it, but I'm ok with it. I like the fact that he is going to be keeping up with music and learning something new. He wanted to take French as one of his electives, but because of Honors English and Algebra I the counselor thought that might be a bit much for him to handle all at once in his freshman year. Of course I think Spanish would be better and more useful, but you know French is just more fun!

Anyway, my baby is going to high school. It just seems so wrong and that time has just flown by. Next thing you know he will be driving. Oy!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

It is wrong I tell you, just plain wrong. We aren't old enough to have high schoolers....maybe we are old enough, I'm just not sure I am mature enough to be the parent of a high schooler