Thursday, December 13, 2007

Piece of Cake


Well, it happened. I turned the big 4-0. I'm not sure what 40 is supposed to feel like, but I don't think I feel like it. I guess I think I'm supposed to feel older or something, but I don't. I mean, health issue wise it has been a rough couple of months, but other than that 40 is pretty much like any other year. No extra wrinkles or gray hair - so that was good.

It was a good day yesterday. I think that helped. I still had my sense of humor and didn't mind the old jokes. When I got into work I found that my office mate Theresa had made me a cake. A fudge ripple cake that was so yummy! I used my perrogative as an adult and had cake for breakfast. Then my other division mates came into my office with a walker and a fake AARP card. They also gave me a very nice card and a gift card. We went out to lunch at Pei Wei, which is owned by the people of P.F. Changs, only this is a poor mans version. It was very nice to get out with my friends and co-workers and just hang out. Throughout the day I had lots of people wish me happy birthday too.

When I got home I got a big hug from Patrick and a kiss from my hubby and a heater for my office (which is very cold) and a Wal-Mart gift card. We then went to church for rehearsal for the upcoming Christmas play at church.

All in all a very good day. The day was a total blend of normalcy mixed with fun. I have to say it was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. So now I'm 40. Still don't know exactly what that means - but I know I can say it and not feel depressed or remorse. Which is very very good! It was a piece of cake!

1 comment:

Diana said...

that is so sweet, you should have brought the walker to church.
40 looks good on you, and hopefully it will look good on me too in a few years